Real Wellness Education
"After my first year of teaching 2nd grade in South Central Los Angeles, the only tool I had to deal with my stress was to buy my first pack of cigarettes. I remember smoking to and from school every day for the next seven years of my life. I did not know how to deal with all of the stress."
- Emily Boll (RWCo Owner)
For this reason, this professional development program specifically supports the wellbeing of school-wide teachers and faculty in any school setting. The purpose of the program is to improve the happiness of teachers and to bring back the joy of teaching. Ultimately, happier engaged teachers will lead to happier engaged students.
1. Build and integrate a culture of wellness among the existing school culture
2. Cultivate positive self-care practices among teachers as the role models of their students and families
3. Provide realistic tools, strategies, and skills to improve personal well-being on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels
4. Provide hands-on experiential learning opportunities to practice and implement these tools, strategies, and skills learned on a personal level as well as in the classroom
5. Encourage teacher and faculty recruitment and retention